Giant Food Stores, Martin’s Food Markets and Stop and Stop had quickly removed several Nature Made products from shelves, and many other stores are expected to do the same.
The following products were included in this recall:
• Nature Made Adult Gummies Multi, 90 ct., UPC 3160402841, Lot # 1196066
• Nature Made Adult Gummies Multi, 150 ct., UPC 3160404172, Lot #s 1196071 & 1205052
• Nature Made Adult Gummies Multi + Omega 3s, 150 ct., UPC 3160404173, Lot # 1173600
• Nature Made Adult Gummies Multi for Her plus Omega-3s, 150 ct., UPC 3160404275, Lot # 1196050
• Nature Made Adult Gummies Hair, Skin, Nails, 90 ct., UPC 3160404016, Lot # 1198437
• Nature Made Adult Gummies Hair, Skin, Nails, 150 ct., UPC 3160404132, Lot # 1198438
• Nature Made Vitamin D 1000 IU Tablets, 100 ct., UPC 3160401870, Lot #s 1147550, 1174782 & 1176755
• Nature Made Vitamin D 1000 IU Tablets, 300 ct., UPC 3160402683, Lot #s 1140172, 1175637 & 1176756
• Nature Made Vitamin D 1000 IU Tablets, 125 ct., UPC 3160402793, Lot # 1147978
• Nature Made Super B Complex w/ C & Folic Acid Tablets, 140 ct., UPC 3160402727, Lot # 1173779
• Nature Made Super B Complex w/ C & Folic Acid Tablets, 360 ct., UPC 3160402729, Lot #s 1173146 & 1204001
Salmonella, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e., infected aneurysms), endocarditis and arthritis.
The presence of Staph aureus toxin in food may lead to food poisoning. The onset of symptoms in staphylococcal food poisoning is usually rapid and in many cases acute, depending on individual susceptibility to the toxin, the amount of contaminated food eaten, the amount of toxin in the food ingested, and the general health of the victim. The most common symptoms are nausea, vomiting, retching, abdominal cramping, and prostration. Some individuals may not always demonstrate all the symptoms associated with the illness. In more severe cases, headache, muscle cramping, and transient changes in blood pressure and pulse rate may occur.
Many of us who have become ill as a result of mold exposure, take various vitamin and mineral supplements to give our bodies the nutrients it needs to combat our symptoms. We trust vitamin companies to give us safe products.
Shame on Nature Made for allowing these toxic and potentially deadly organisms to contaminate their products. Just imagine how many people got sick and did not know why before they issued this recall.
For more information on the recall, call Pharmavite at 800-276-2878, or visit their website @ http://www.pharmavite.com/MediaCenter/MC_PR.asp?ID=236