The homeowners of the property below called me out after their family was experiencing severe allergy and asthma symptoms. All three of the children who lived here had suffered from asthma and flu like symptoms since they moved in the property two years ago.

I inspected the interior of the property and I found no active mold growing inside the home. The door to the water heater and that HVAC unit for the home is was locked.

When I opened the doors, I discovered why the whole family was sick. Here are some pictures of the mold I found.

Samples proved that it was aspergillus.

Not only will they have to have this closet enclosure remediated and the HVAC system replaced, they will also have to clean out the ducting and the whole house will have to be remediated.